We invited Estonian artists “Visible Solutions LLC” to reveal their daily secrets and answer our “Daily Dozen” questions. This summer they are participating in Manifesta 9 biennale, in Genk (Belgium). Let's get to know them better!
1. What’s the best moment of your day.
The hours before the opening, when everything is finished but the guests have not yet arrived.
2. Why do you work as an artist?
Because this is what we do best.
3. What films, concerts, exhibits, or books have left a lasting impression on you?
“Blade Runner” by Ridley Scott, “Pinnavirvendus” by Neeme Külm, “Master and Margarita” by Michael Bulgakov.
4. Where do you currently get ideas for your works?
From our notebook, it’s loaded for years to come.
5. Which work of art would you like to have in your possession?
“Adam Smith’s Pet Invisible Hand In a Cage” painted by Gerhard Richter as was proposed in our letter to Richter on Nov 23, 2011.
6. What do you do when you’re not occupied with art?
7. Do you sleep a lot?
Yes, we sleep a lot, on average 26 hours a day.
8. Do you collect anything?
Yes, we collect ideas and rare animals.
9. What is one of the most important things in your studio?
We do not have a permanent studio. The studio is wherever we come together. The most important thing that always travels with us is a battery drill.
10. What do you like to eat, and what don’t you like?
King Tiger Prawns/Tigers
11. When you were a kid, what did you want to be?
A three headed dragon.
12. Name three creative individuals, from any era, with whom you’d gladly spend an evening.
Edgar Alan Poe, Karl Marx, Charlie Sheen (all together).